Gobierno de España
The Spanish Ministry of Culture “Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte” offers every year grants and funding for film productions:
- Grants for film and audio-visual art festivals and contests organisation within Spain.
- ICO agreement which finances film production and reduces interest rate for credits.
- Grants for short films
- Grants to develop short films projects
- Grants for negatives and original hardware preservation
- Grants for community films distribution
- Grants for new film-makers, experimental and cultural content, documentaries and animation series pilot.
- Grants for film production repayment
- Grants for film production scriptwriting
Directory and deadlines at: "Becas, ayudas y subvenciones de Cine y Audiovisuales"
MEDIA Desk España, part of the Spanish Department of Education and Culture, is the Spanish representation within MEDIA programme to promote the development of the European audiovisual industry.
MEDIA Desk España is a cultural private institution jointly run by the Spanish audiovisual associations “Instituto de la Cinematografía y las artes Audiovisuales”(ICAA), “Entidad de gestión de Derechos de los Productores Audiovisuales Españoles” (EGEDA) and “Federación de Asociaciones de Productores Audiovisuales Españoles” (FAPAE).
MEDIA Desk España provides Spanish audiovisual production and distribution companies, cinemas and new technologies companies with advice and up-to-date information regarding the MEDIA Programme such as:
- Developing production projects
- Distributing films and audiovisual programmes
- Promoting films and audiovisual programmes
- Supporting Film Festivals
- Training professionals
It also helps new projects which enhance cultural European patrimony and audiovisual library, develop on-line services or improve the access of European content in the media. Further information and deadlines: Media Desk España
IBERMEDIA programme was founded in Venezuela in 1997 by the Heads of State from Ibero- American countries. Its aim is to fund audiovisual ibero-american productions.
Its creation is supported by the Ibero-American Cinematography Integration Agreement (CACI) and aims to support financially the ibero-american audiovisual cooperation and co-production space focusing on distribution, promotion, training, co-production and development of projects.
The programme focuses on four main points:
- Funding ibero-american co-producctions
- Distribution and promotion of ibero-american films
- Development of ibero-american Film and TV projects
- Training professionals in the audiovisual sector
IBERMEDIA programme is financed by contribution of 19 ibero-american countries which are also part of CACI: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela.